Tuesday 23 December 2014

The search for Frank Richards final resting place

The following pages show how the search for Frank Richards began. A reprint of O.S.N.D was due to be printed and no one knew who held  the copy right. Graham Knight sent me a request to try and do a search for his resting place and any news of his family.
Page one of the search.
Page 1 FR by Gk
An account of my search.
Page 2 R B D search F R
A photo of me at the head stone of Frank in the crematorium.In this photo Franks medal wards are not shown, according to Margaret nee Richards it was a joint  error on the part of the family and the stone mason?

R B D by plaque FR

A commemoration service to Frank Richards. I was invited to this function by Margaret ( Franks Daughter) to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Great War.This programme has omitted Frank's M.M.I was taken from my hotel room in Ebbw Vale  b y a  kind council worker (After hours ) to this function and returned after the function. For which I thank all concerned.




No comments:

Post a Comment